Best in show : the dog in art from the Renaissance to today / Edgar Peters Bowron, Carolyn Rose Rebbert, Robert Rosenblum, and William Secord.
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 159 p. : ill. (mostly col.) ; 31cm.
- Reference LibraryN7668.D6 B48 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
Contributor biographical information
- Published in conjunction with the exhibition held in the Bruce Museum of Arts and Science, Greenwich, Conn. May 6-Aug. 27, 2006, and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Oct. 1, 2006-Jan. 1, 2007.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Dogs in art -- Exhibitions.
- An artist's best friend: the dog in Renaissance and Baroque painting and sculpture / Edgar Peters Bowron
- From the royal hunt to the taxidermist: a dog's history of modern art / Robert Rosenblum
- The purebred dog in art: eighteenth and nineteenth centuries / William Secord
- Notes on the nature of dogs / Carolyn Rose Rebbert.