Whipping the herring , 2006
- Whipping the herring : survival and celebration in nineteenth-century Irish art / [editor, Peter Murray].
- Cork : Crawford Art Gallery ; 2006.
Kinsale : Gandon Editions, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 264 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 x 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6788 .W45 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 256-259) and index.
Published in conjunction with exhibition at Crawford Art Gallery, Cork, 4 May-26 Aug., 2006.
- Realism versus romanticism in framing national identity / Peter Murray.--Representation of everyday life in Irish painting of the 19th century: the European context / Julian Campbell.--Rural life through artists' eyes: an interdisciplinary approach / Claudia Kinmonth.--Dark side of Irish landscape: depictions of the rural poor, 1760-1850 / Tom Dunne.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Irish -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Ireland -- Rural conditions -- In art.Painting, Irish -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Rural poor in art -- Exhibitions.