Fashioning childhood in the eighteenth century , c2006
Fashioning childhood in the eighteenth century : age and identity / edited by Anja Müller.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 243 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHQ792.E8 F37 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Based on a conference.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -233) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Childhood in art.Childhood in literature.Children -- Europe, Western -- Social conditions -- 18th century.
- The doctor and the child / Adriana S. Benzaquén
- Children as patients in German-speaking regions in the eighteenth century / Iris Ritzmann
- Observing children in an early journal of psychology / Anthony Krupp
- The legal status of children in eighteenth-century England / Anna-Christina Giovanopoulos
- Children, adolescents and fashionable urban society in eighteenth-century England / Peter Borsay
- The child in the visual culture of consumption 1790-1830 / Patricia Crown
- Locke's education or Rousseau's freedom / Christoph Houswitschka
- Fashioning age and identity / Anja Müller
- Engaging identity / Dorothy Johnson
- Greuze and the ideology of infant nursing in eighteenth-century France / Bernadette Fort
- Childhood and juvenile delinquency in eighteenth-century Newgate calendars / Uwe Böker
- Tales of miracle or lessons of morality? / Sonja Fielitz
- Defoe's children / Klaus Peter Jochum
- Fictionalizing foundlings / Jan Hollm
- Winding up the clock / Dirk Vanderbeke
- Gendered childhoods / Brigitte Claser
- Fashioning the child author / Peter Sabor.