Fashioning childhood in the eighteenth century , c2006
- Fashioning childhood in the eighteenth century : age and identity / edited by Anja Müller.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 243 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHQ792.E8 F37 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Based on a conference.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -233) and index.
- The doctor and the child / Adriana S. Benzaquén -- Children as patients in German-speaking regions in the eighteenth century / Iris Ritzmann -- Observing children in an early journal of psychology / Anthony Krupp -- The legal status of children in eighteenth-century England / Anna-Christina Giovanopoulos -- Children, adolescents and fashionable urban society in eighteenth-century England / Peter Borsay -- The child in the visual culture of consumption 1790-1830 / Patricia Crown -- Locke's education or Rousseau's freedom / Christoph Houswitschka -- Fashioning age and identity / Anja Müller -- Engaging identity / Dorothy Johnson -- Greuze and the ideology of infant nursing in eighteenth-century France / Bernadette Fort -- Childhood and juvenile delinquency in eighteenth-century Newgate calendars / Uwe Böker -- Tales of miracle or lessons of morality? / Sonja Fielitz -- Defoe's children / Klaus Peter Jochum -- Fictionalizing foundlings / Jan Hollm -- Winding up the clock / Dirk Vanderbeke -- Gendered childhoods / Brigitte Claser -- Fashioning the child author / Peter Sabor.
- Subject Terms:
- Childhood in art.Childhood in literature.Children -- Europe, Western -- Social conditions -- 18th century.