Fashioning childhood in the eighteenth century , c2006
Fashioning childhood in the eighteenth century : age and identity / edited by Anja Müller.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 243 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHQ792.E8 F37 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Based on a conference.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -233) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Childhood in art.Childhood in literature.Children -- Europe, Western -- Social conditions -- 18th century.
- The doctor and the child / Adriana S. Benzaquén
- Children as patients in German-speaking regions in the eighteenth century / Iris Ritzmann
- Observing children in an early journal of psychology / Anthony Krupp
- The legal status of children in eighteenth-century England / Anna-Christina Giovanopoulos
- Children, adolescents and fashionable urban society in eighteenth-century England / Peter Borsay
- The child in the visual culture of consumption 1790-1830 / Patricia Crown
- Locke's education or Rousseau's freedom / Christoph Houswitschka
- Fashioning age and identity / Anja Müller
- Engaging identity / Dorothy Johnson
- Greuze and the ideology of infant nursing in eighteenth-century France / Bernadette Fort
- Childhood and juvenile delinquency in eighteenth-century Newgate calendars / Uwe Böker
- Tales of miracle or lessons of morality? / Sonja Fielitz
- Defoe's children / Klaus Peter Jochum
- Fictionalizing foundlings / Jan Hollm
- Winding up the clock / Dirk Vanderbeke
- Gendered childhoods / Brigitte Claser
- Fashioning the child author / Peter Sabor.