The art of painting in oil colours : rendered familiar to every capacity : extracted from the works of the most eminent masters of the Italian, Flemish and English schools, but principally from Mr. Bardwell : together with an explanation of the method of mixing the colours to the various teints used for portraits, landscapes, &c. with various recipes and the best methods of cleaning old paintings ... / by the author of The art of drawing in perspective.
- Fifteenth edition, corrected and materially improved.
- London : Printed for R.H. Laurie ..., 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 36 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 A77 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is bound in original yellow printed wrappers; stitched.
Cover title: Laurie's Art of painting in oil colours.
- Subject Terms:
- Colors.Painting -- Technique.Richard Holmes Laurie -- Publisher.Rider, J. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Laurie, Richard Holmes, The art of painting in oil colours , 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.