IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Laurie, Richard Holmes, The art of painting in oil colours , 1840
The art of painting in oil colours : rendered familiar to every capacity : extracted from the works of the most eminent masters of the Italian, Flemish and English schools, but principally from Mr. Bardwell : together with an explanation of the method of mixing the colours to the various teints used for portraits, landscapes, &c. with various recipes and the best methods of cleaning old paintings ... / by the author of The art of drawing in perspective.
- Fifteenth edition, corrected and materially improved.
- London : Printed for R.H. Laurie ..., 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 36 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1500 A77 1840Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Art Center copy is bound in original yellow printed wrappers; stitched.
Cover title: Laurie's Art of painting in oil colours.
- Subject Terms:
- Colors.Painting -- Technique.Richard Holmes Laurie -- Publisher.Rider, J. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.