Observations relative chiefly to the natural history, picturesque scenery, and antiquities of the western counties of England, made in the years 1794 and 1796 ... : illustrated by a mineralogical map, and sixteen views in aquatinta by Alken / by William George Maton ...
- Salisbury [England] : Printed and sold by J. Easton, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 M37 1797Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Plates engraved by Samuel Alken; after Thomas Rackett. Map engraved by Barak Longmate.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 25
- Subject Terms:
- Easton, J. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Hatchett, Charles, 1765?-1847 -- Stamp.Norman, Hubert G. -- Autograph.
- Aquatints -- 1797.
YCBA Collections Search
Maton, William George, 1774-1835, Observations relative chiefly to the natural history, picturesque scenery, and antiquities of the western counties of England, made in the years 1794 and 1796 ... , 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.