A survey of the cathedrals of York, Durham, Carlisle, Chester, Man, Lichfield, Hereford, Worcester, Gloucester, and Bristol : giving an account of their foundations, builders, antient monuments and inscriptions, endowments, alienations, sales of lands, patronages, dates of consecreation, admission, preferment, deaths, burials, and epithaphs of the archbishops, bishops, deans, precentors, chancellors, treasurers, archdeacons, and prebendaries ... : with an exact account of all the churches and chapels in every diocese ... / by Browne Willis ...
- London : Printed for R. Gosling, at the Middle-Temple-Gate in Fleet-Street, 1727-1730.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 3 : ill., plans ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBX5194 W54 1727Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center copy incomplete: v.2 wanting. Vol. 1 is bound in 2 vols.
Plates engraved by John Harris and Michael Burghers.
T.p. of v. reads: A survey of the cathedrals of Lincoln, Ely, Oxford, and Peterborough. London : Printed for R. Gosling, 1730.
- Subject Terms:
- Cathedrals -- Great Britain.Catholic Church -- Great Britain.Church buildings -- Great Britain.Church of England -- Dioceses.Clergy -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1727.Gosling, R. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Holt, Abigail Treat -- Bookplate.Stone, S. M. -- Autograph.Warner, Richard, 1713?-1775 -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Willis, Browne, 1682-1760, A survey of the cathedrals of York, Durham, Carlisle, Chester, Man, Lichfield, Hereford, Worcester, Gloucester, and Bristol , 1727-1730
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.