Journal of a tour and residence in Great Britain during the years 1810 and 1811 / by a French traveller; with remarks on the country, its arts, literature, and politics, and on the manners and customs of its inhabitants.
- Edinburgh : Printed by George Ramsay for Archibald Constable and Company, Edinburgh and Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown, London, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., plans ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 S6 1815Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by I. [i.e. J.] Clark; after Louis Simond.
British Art Center copy bound in original blue-gray boards. Spine label reads: Travels in Great Britain.
Half t.p. reads: Travels in England.
Written originally in English; prepared for publication in French, but not issued in that language till 1816.--Cf. Notice, v.1.
- Subject Terms:
- Constable, Archibald -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown -- Publisher.Ramsay, George -- Printer.Rose, Hugh James, 1795-1838 -- Autograph.
- Aquatints -- 1815.
YCBA Collections Search
Simond, L. (Louis), 1767-1831, Journal of a tour and residence in Great Britain during the years 1810 and 1811 , 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.