Rovee, Christopher Kent, 1969-, Imagining the gallery , 2006
Imagining the gallery : the social body of British romanticism / Christopher Rovee.
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR457 .R68 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral-Princeton Univ.) under the title Imaging the gallery: aesthetic democracy in British romanticism, 2002.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -235) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Portrait painting, English.Portraits in literature.Romanticism -- Great Britain.
- The many bodies of Edmund Burke
- Everybody's Shakespeare
- Painting sorrow
- Monsters, marbles, and miniatures
- The look of a poet : Wordsworth.