Rovee, Christopher Kent, 1969-, Imagining the gallery , 2006
Imagining the gallery : the social body of British romanticism / Christopher Rovee.
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR457 .R68 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (doctoral-Princeton Univ.) under the title Imaging the gallery: aesthetic democracy in British romanticism, 2002.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -235) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and literature -- England -- History -- 19th century.English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Portrait painting, English.Portraits in literature.Romanticism -- Great Britain.
- The many bodies of Edmund Burke
- Everybody's Shakespeare
- Painting sorrow
- Monsters, marbles, and miniatures
- The look of a poet : Wordsworth.