Margaret Bruce Wells : the complete wood-engravings and linocuts / Jeremy Greenwood ; with a memoir by Maggie McCune.
- Additional Title(s):
Complete wood-engravings and linocuts
- Woodbridge : Wood Lea Press, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 73,  pages : illustrations (some color) ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1147.6.W45 A4 2000+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Peter Stansky, Yale BA 1953Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "300 copies of this book have been printed on 135 gsm Stockwell acid-free paper by J.W. Northend Limited, ... Sheffield ... and bound by Smith Settle Limited, ... Otley ... Set in Berthold Garamont Amsterdam regular. The pattern paper is based on a reduced image of Christmas rose engraved by Margaret Bruce Wells (p. 57)."--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references (page 8).
AOB copy lacks slipcase.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter pink cloth with paper covered boards; lacks slipcase. Removed to accompanying folder: a) prospectus for the present work; b) form letter (23 September 2000) to accompany the prospectus, addressed to Peter Stansky, and signed by Jeremy Greenwood; c) form letter (23 September 2000) announcing a previously un-recorded wood engraving by Paul Nash, omitted from the Wood Lea Press's The wood-engravings of Paul Nash.
- Subject Terms:
- Wells, Margaret Bruce, 1909-1998.Women wood-engravers -- England.
- Wood engravings -- England -- 20th century.
Color wood engravings -- England -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.