Canaletto in England : a Venetian artist abroad, 1746-1755 / Charles Beddington ; with essays by Brian Allen and Francis Russell.
- New Haven : Yale University Press ; 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 206 p. : col. ill. ; 24 x 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.C17 B45 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- "This book was produced in association with the exhibition ... co-organized by the Yale Center for British Art and the Dulwich Picture Gallery; exhibition dates: Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT 19 October - 31 December 2006, and Dulwich Picture Gallery, London, 24 January - 15 April 2007"--T.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references ( p. 198-199) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art patronage -- England -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Canaletto, 1697-1768 -- Exhibitions.England -- In art -- Exhibitions.
- Canaletto in England / Charles Beddington
- Patterns of patronage / Francis Russell
- The London art world of the mid-eighteenth century / Brian Allen.