Nash, T. (Treadway Russell), 1725-1811, Collections for the history of Worcestershire .., 1781-1782
Collections for the history of Worcestershire ...
- London : John Nichols, Sold by T. Payne & Son, J. Robson, B. White, Leigh and Sotheby, 1781-1782.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., port., map, plans, facsims., geneal. tables ; 46 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 88 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 88 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by James Ross, Charles Hall, Thomas Sanders, George Vertue, Valentine Green, James Caldwell, Thomas Bonnor, Michael Angelo Rooker, John Faber, Benjamin Thomas Pouncy, John Faber, and Victor Marie Picot; after Thomas Forster, Fredrick Wilhelm Weidemann, David Loggan, Paul Sandby, [John] Michael Rysbrack, John Gwynn, and Francis Jukes.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the stamp of William Pole Thornhill. Copy 2 consists only of the 13 facsimile leaves (loose) from the Domesday book and their two engraved dedications.
In double columns.
Dedication signed: T. Nash.
Paging irregular in v. 2: p. 255 and 259 numbered 235 and 159 respectively.
The 13 facsim., from the Domesday book, with their two engr. dedications are bound at end of v. 2, with "Observations upon Domesday"; they are preceded by a Supplement of 104 p. having special t.-p.
This history was founded on ms. collections made by Thomas Habington (1560-1647) in the possession ofj the Society of antiquaries of London; in 1774 they were entrusted to Nash, for the purpose of revising and publishing. At different times, additons to the original mss. had been made by William Habington, (1605-1654) William Thomas and Charles Lyttelton, bp. of Carlisle. cf. Introd.
- Subject Terms:
- Leigh and Sotheby -- Publisher.Nichols, John -- Printer.Payne (T.) and Son -- Publisher.Robson, J. -- Publisher.Thornhill, William Pole, 1806-1876 -- Provenance.White, B. -- Publisher.Worcestershire (England) -- History.
- Mezzotints -- 1781-1782.
Engravings -- 1781-1782.
Etchings -- 1781-1782.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.