IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Studying and conserving paintings , c2006
Studying and conserving paintings : occasional papers on the Samuel H. Kress Collection.
- London : Archetype Publications ; c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 230 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryND614 .S88 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Kress, Samuel H. (Samuel Henry), 1863-1955 -- Art collections.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- New York (State) -- New York.Painting, Italian -- Conservation and restoration.
- The Samuel H. Kress collection: conservation and context / Marilyn Perry
- The Samuel H. Kress program in paintings conservation at the conservation center of the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University / Margaret Holben Ellis
- Introduction to volume / Michele Marincola
- Acknowledgements / Michele Marincola
- Historical papers: Philosophies and tastes in nineteenth-century paintings conservation / Wendy Partridge
- Stephen Pichetto, conservator of the Kress collection, 1929-1949 / Ann Hoenigswald
- Mario Modestini, conservator of the Kress collection, 1949-1961 / Dianne Dwyer Modestino with Mario Modestini
- Technical studies & treatment: A new leaf: recent technical discoveries in the Goodhart Ducciesque master's Madonna and Child with Four Saints / Jennifer Sherman
- Botticelli's nativity / Charles R. Mack
- The re-use of a Desco da Parto / Mika Okawa & Dianne Dwyer Modestini
- The triumphs of Petrarch: an analysis of a renaissance decorative cycle / Wendy Partridge
- A portable triptych in El Paso / Dianne Dwyer Modestini
- Guidoccio Cozzarelli's Scenes from the life of the Virgin / Dianne Dwyer Modestini
- School of Pietro Perugino, Saint Sabastian / Annette Rupprecht & Sheri Francis Shaneyfelt
- The master of the Manchester Madonna: restoration, technique, and a context for attribution / Molly March
- Portrait of a lady and techniques in the late paintings of Nicolaes Maes / Laurent Sozzani with Christopher McGlinchey
- View of the Molo: A Canaletto attribution reinstates / Elise Effmann
- Canaletto paints the Molo from the Ponte della Paglia / Katharine Baetjer
- View of the Grand canal with Dogana and Guardi Studio practices / Helen Spande.