Print and power in France and England, 1500-1800 , c2006
Print and power in France and England, 1500-1800 / [edited by] David Adams, Adrian Armstrong.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate Pub., c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub., c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 157 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ305 .P77 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -149) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Books and reading -- Political aspects -- England -- History.Books and reading -- Political aspects -- France -- History.England -- Intellectual life.France -- Intellectual life.Literature and state -- England -- History.Literature and state -- France -- History.Power (Social sciences) -- England -- History.Power (Social sciences) -- France -- History.Publishers and publishing -- Political aspects -- England -- History.Publishers and publishing -- Political aspects -- France -- History.
- Cosmetic surgery on Gaul : the printed reception of Burgundian writing in France before 1550 / Adrian Armstrong
- Immanuel Tremellius' Latin Bible (1575-79) as a pillar of the Calvinist faith / Kenneth Austin
- 'It was not mine intent to prostitute my muse in English' : academic publication in early modern England / Sarah Knight
- 'Charity', social control and the history of English literary criticism / Lee Morrissey
- Spreading the word : illustrated books as political propaganda in seventeenth-century France / Alison Saunders
- Insinuation and instruction : public opinion in eighteenth-century 'letters to the printer'/ Ann C. Dean
- Police and political pamphleteering in pre-revolutionary France : the testimony of J.-P. Lenoir, lieutenant-général of police of Paris / Simon Burrows
- Fancy costume and political authority in the French Revolution / David Adams.