The art of the book : illustration and design, 1650 to present / edited by Joan Stack ; prefaces by Alex Barker & James Cogswell ; with contributions by Erin Walcek Averett, Sarah Carter, Kelli Bruce Hansen, Jessica Kelty, Holly Robbins, Joan Stack, Susan Wood ; sponsored by Museum of Art and Archaeology and University Libraries, University of Missouri - Columbia.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustration and design, 1650 to present.
- Columbia, Mo. : University of Missouri, Board of Curators, c2006
- Physical Description:
- 94 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryND2893 .A785 2006 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- "Published in conjunction with the exhibition The art of the book: Illustration and design, 1650 to present, which ran from September 16 through December 24, 2006, at the Museum of Archaeology, University of Missouri - Columbia, Columbia, Missouri."
Includes bibliographical references (p.90-94).
- Subject Terms:
- Books -- History -- Exhibitions.Illustration of books -- Exhibitions.Printing -- History -- Exhibitions.
- Preface 1 / Alex W. Barker
- Preface 2 / James A. Cogswell
- The empirical world
- The literary world
- Modern and contemporary books