Foister, Susan, 1954-, Holbein in England , 2006
Holbein in England / Susan Foister ; with contributions by Tim Batchelor.
- London : Tate ; 2006.
New York : Distributed in the U.S. and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 191 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H69 F56 2006 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at Tate Britain, London, Sept. 28, 2006-Jan. 7, 2007.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-173) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- History -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547 -- Exhibitions.Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547 -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Holbein, Hans, 1497-1543 -- Exhibitions.Painters -- Germany -- Biography.
- Holbein's first visit to England, 1526-8
- London 1532-43 : court and city
- Hanseatic commissions and designs for goldsmiths
- Holbein and Henry VIII
- Holbein the portraitist at work
- Holbein's workshop and legacy
- Catholic England, Protestant England
- The art of illusion.