Foister, Susan, 1954-, Holbein in England , 2006
- Holbein in England / Susan Foister ; with contributions by Tim Batchelor.
- London : Tate ; 2006.
New York : Distributed in the U.S. and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 191 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H69 F56 2006 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at Tate Britain, London, Sept. 28, 2006-Jan. 7, 2007.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-173) and index.
- Holbein's first visit to England, 1526-8 -- London 1532-43 : court and city -- Hanseatic commissions and designs for goldsmiths -- Holbein and Henry VIII -- Holbein the portraitist at work -- Holbein's workshop and legacy -- Catholic England, Protestant England -- The art of illusion.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- History -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547 -- Exhibitions.Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547 -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Holbein, Hans, 1497-1543 -- Exhibitions.Painters -- Germany -- Biography.