IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Foister, Susan, 1954-, Holbein in England , 2006
Holbein in England / Susan Foister ; with contributions by Tim Batchelor.
- London : Tate ; 2006.
New York : Distributed in the U.S. and Canada by Harry N. Abrams, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 191 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.H69 F56 2006 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition held at Tate Britain, London, Sept. 28, 2006-Jan. 7, 2007.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-173) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- History -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547 -- Exhibitions.Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547 -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Holbein, Hans, 1497-1543 -- Exhibitions.Painters -- Germany -- Biography.
- Holbein's first visit to England, 1526-8
- London 1532-43 : court and city
- Hanseatic commissions and designs for goldsmiths
- Holbein and Henry VIII
- Holbein the portraitist at work
- Holbein's workshop and legacy
- Catholic England, Protestant England
- The art of illusion.