Whyte, William, Oxford Jackson , 2006
Oxford Jackson : architecture, education, status, and style 1835-1924 / William Whyte.
- Oxford ; Oxford University Press, 2006.
New York : Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 268 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.J1724 W59 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -257) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- 19th century.Architecture -- England -- 20th century.Jackson, Thomas Graham, Sir, 1835-1924 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- 'Recording our eclectic age' : Jackson and the dilemma of style
- 'The unity of art' : Jackson and the arts and crafts
- 'The maker of modern Oxford' : Jackson and the architecture of progress
- 'In the shadow of Anglo-Jackson' : Jackson and the public schools
- 'Cambridge at last!' : Jackson and the architecture of science
- 'An intellectual aristocracy' : Jackson, his clients, and their world.