IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Zakreski, Patricia, Representing female artistic labour, 1848-1890 , c2006
Representing female artistic labour, 1848-1890 : refining work for the middle-class woman / Patricia Zakreski.
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Ashgate Pub. Company, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub. Company, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 219 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHD6136 .Z25 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-212) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Actresses -- England -- History -- 19th century.Middle class women -- Employment -- England -- History -- 19th century.Needleworkers -- England -- History -- 19th century.Sex role in literature.Women -- England -- History -- 19th century.Women artists -- England -- History -- 19th century.Women authors -- England -- History -- 19th century.Work in literature.
- Introduction: refining work
- Needlework and creativity in representations of the seamstress
- A suitable employment for women: the woman artist and the principle of compatibility
- The difference is great in being known to write and setting up for an authoress: representing the writing woman
- Unceasing industry: work and the actress.