Zakreski, Patricia, Representing female artistic labour, 1848-1890 , c2006
- Representing female artistic labour, 1848-1890 : refining work for the middle-class woman / Patricia Zakreski.
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Ashgate Pub. Company, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate Pub. Company, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 219 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHD6136 .Z25 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-212) and index.
- Introduction: refining work -- Needlework and creativity in representations of the seamstress -- A suitable employment for women: the woman artist and the principle of compatibility -- The difference is great in being known to write and setting up for an authoress: representing the writing woman -- Unceasing industry: work and the actress.
- Subject Terms:
- Actresses -- England -- History -- 19th century.Middle class women -- Employment -- England -- History -- 19th century.Needleworkers -- England -- History -- 19th century.Sex role in literature.Women -- England -- History -- 19th century.Women artists -- England -- History -- 19th century.Women authors -- England -- History -- 19th century.Work in literature.