Memoirs of Harriette Wilson / written by herself.
- Additional Title(s):
Fashionable world displayed
Harriette Wilson's memoir of herself and others
- London : Printed by J. Mitford, 14, Gate-street. Sold by R.P. Stockdale, Piccadilly; Holt, Catherine-street, Strand; Jones, Drury-Lane; Harris, Castle-Street, Leicester-Square, and all booksellers, [1825?]
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. (v.1: 1 p.ℓ., -304, 3 p.; v.2: 304 p.; v.3: 294 p.; v.4: 198 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA536.W553 A3 1825Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Signatures: v.1: [A]1, B-Z⁶, AA-CC⁶; v.2: [A]-Z⁶, AA-BB⁶, CC²; v.3: [A]-Z⁶, 2A⁶, 2B³; v.4: [A]-Q⁶, R³.
Volume 1 has an added engraved title page: The fashionable world displayed.
Caption title of all 4 volumes: Harriette Wilson's memoir of herself and others.
Text follows the J.J. Stockdale edition.
With etched portraits by George Cruikshank.
Mitford worked with Benbow; though Mitford is noted as printer on v.4 t.-p., Benbow is so noted on colophon: Printed by W. Benbow, 252, High Holborn, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original blue paper boards with red paper labels. W. Brien stamped in black ink on first free preliminary fly-leaf in v. 2.
- Subject Terms:
- Benbow, W., -- Printer.Brien, W. -- Stamp.Courtesans -- Great Britain -- Biography.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1825.Great Britain -- Court and courtiers.Great Britain -- Moral conditions.Great Britain -- Social life and customs.Harris, -- Bookseller.Holt, -- Bookseller.Jones, -- Bookseller.Mitford, J., -- Printer.Stockdale, R. P., -- Bookseller.Wilson, Harriette, 1786-1846.
YCBA Collections Search
Wilson, Harriette, 1786-1846, Memoirs of Harriette Wilson , [1825?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.