Peacock, John, 1941-, The look of Van Dyck , c2006
- The look of Van Dyck : the self-portrait with a sunflower and the vision of the painter / John Peacock.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 300 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.D895 A15 S4 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -291) index.
- Self-imaging, pictura, and vision -- Looking and seeing -- Representing the sunflower in word and image -- The sunflower becomes a symbol -- The golden chain -- The portrait of Sir Kenelm Digby with a sunflower -- The figure of the painter.
- Subject Terms:
- Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641 -- Criticism and interpretation.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641. Self-portrait with a sunflower.