Peacock, John, 1941-, The look of Van Dyck , c2006
The look of Van Dyck : the self-portrait with a sunflower and the vision of the painter / John Peacock.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2006.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- 300 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.D895 A15 S4 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -291) index.
- Subject Terms:
- Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641 -- Criticism and interpretation.Van Dyck, Anthony, 1599-1641. Self-portrait with a sunflower.
- Self-imaging, pictura, and vision
- Looking and seeing
- Representing the sunflower in word and image
- The sunflower becomes a symbol
- The golden chain
- The portrait of Sir Kenelm Digby with a sunflower
- The figure of the painter.