Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936, The absent minded beggar, c1899
- The absent minded beggar.
- London : Daily mail, c1899.
- Physical Description:
- 1 printed handkerchief : damask cotton ; 62 x 60 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process (Cabinet C)Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BEIN Broadsides Folio 2006 56: From the David Alan Richards Collection of Rudyard Kipling.
Consists of Kipling's poem, in manuscript facsimile, in four panels surrounding a reproduction of Richard Caton Woodville's drawing of a wounded soldier; the whole within ornamental border with portraits of Lord Roberts and Lord Kitchener (at the top corners) and Sir George White and Sir John French (at the bottom corners).
"Each copy of the design pays a royalty of 6d. to the Absent Minded Beggar Fund of the Daily Mail."
Printed on damask cotton.
Richards, D.A. Rudyard Kipling, A147 (note)
- Subject Terms:
- Daily mail (London, England)French, John Denton Pinkstone, Earl of Ypres, 1852-1925 -- Portraits.Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, Earl, 1850-1916 -- Portraits.Richards, David Alan, 1945- -- Ownership.Roberts, Frederick Sleigh Roberts, Earl, 1832-1914 -- Portraits.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Civilian relief.White, George, Sir, 1835-1912 -- Portraits.
- Cloth prints.
Printed textile materials.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.