The absent minded beggar.
- London : Daily mail, c1899.
- Physical Description:
- 1 printed handkerchief : damask cotton ; 62 x 60 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process (Cabinet C)Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Alan Richards, Yale BA 1967, JD 1972View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BEIN Broadsides Folio 2006 56: From the David Alan Richards Collection of Rudyard Kipling.
"Each copy of the design pays a royalty of 6d. to the Absent Minded Beggar Fund of the Daily Mail."
Printed on damask cotton.
Richards, D.A. Rudyard Kipling: a bibliography, A147 (note)
Consists of Kipling's poem, in manuscript facsimile, in four panels surrounding a reproduction of Richard Caton Woodville's drawing of a wounded soldier; the whole within ornamental border with portraits of Lord Roberts and Lord Kitchener (at the top corners) and Sir George White and Sir John French (at the bottom corners).
- Subject Terms:
- Daily mail (London, England)French, John Denton Pinkstone, Earl of Ypres, 1852-1925 -- Portraits.Kitchener, Horatio Herbert Kitchener, Earl, 1850-1916 -- Portraits.Richards, David Alan, 1945- -- Ownership.Roberts, Frederick Sleigh Roberts, Earl, 1832-1914 -- Portraits.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Civilian relief.White, George, Sir, 1835-1912 -- Portraits.
- Cloth prints.
Printed textile materials.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.