Brandon, Laura, 1951-, Art and war , 2007
Art and war / Laura Brandon.
- Additional Title(s):
Art & war
- London ; I.B. Tauris, 2007.
New York : I.B. Tauris, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 179 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryCIE see bib 7820571Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -168) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and war.War in art.
- Pt. 1. A long, rich history. Ten thousand years of war art to 1600
- War art, 1600-1900
- Pt. 2. The World Wars. British art and the First World War
- Other nations in the Great War and later
- The Second World War: four allied national programmes
- Pt. 3. War art since 1945. British and American war art, 1945-1989
- War art internationally, 1990-2005
- Pt. 4. Rendering and remembering. Other types of war art
- War art as memorial, war art as memory
- Epilogue: The beat goes on.