Brandon, Laura, 1951-, Art and war , 2007
Art and war / Laura Brandon.
- Additional Title(s):
Art & war
- London ; I.B. Tauris, 2007.
New York : I.B. Tauris, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 179 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryCIE see bib 7820571Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -168) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and war.War in art.
- Pt. 1. A long, rich history. Ten thousand years of war art to 1600
- War art, 1600-1900
- Pt. 2. The World Wars. British art and the First World War
- Other nations in the Great War and later
- The Second World War: four allied national programmes
- Pt. 3. War art since 1945. British and American war art, 1945-1989
- War art internationally, 1990-2005
- Pt. 4. Rendering and remembering. Other types of war art
- War art as memorial, war art as memory
- Epilogue: The beat goes on.