Higgott, Andrew, Mediating modernism , 2007
Mediating modernism : architectural cultures in Britain / Andrew Higgott.
- London ; Routledge, 2007.
New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 216 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA2599.5 .H54 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -211) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural criticism -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Architecture -- Great Britain -- 20th century.Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- Philosophy.
- Making it new : the discourses of architecture and modernism in Britain
- The mission of modernism : James Richards and the Architectural review
- The forgetting of art : the Abercrombie Plan for post-war London
- The shift to the specific : the new interpretation of materiality in brutalism and the functional tradition
- The opposite of architecture : Archigram and Architectural design in the 1960s
- Searching for the subject : Alvin Boyarsky and the Architectural Association School
- Architecture as discourse : rethinking the culture of architecture.