Shiqiao, Li, Power and virtue , 2007
Power and virtue : architecture and intellectual change in England 1660-1730 / Li Shiqiao.
- London ; Routledge, 2007.
New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- x, 246 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA966 .S44 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -241) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- 17th century.Architecture -- England -- 18th century.Architecture and society -- England -- History.Classicism in architecture -- England -- History.
- Experimental knowledge and the use of architecture
- The political use of architecture : magnificence, divine mysteries and delight
- The sense prior to other senses
- The virtuoso as the second maker
- Reconstituting taste in architecture.