Shiqiao, Li, Power and virtue , 2007
Power and virtue : architecture and intellectual change in England 1660-1730 / Li Shiqiao.
- London ; Routledge, 2007.
New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- x, 246 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA966 .S44 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -241) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- 17th century.Architecture -- England -- 18th century.Architecture and society -- England -- History.Classicism in architecture -- England -- History.
- Experimental knowledge and the use of architecture
- The political use of architecture : magnificence, divine mysteries and delight
- The sense prior to other senses
- The virtuoso as the second maker
- Reconstituting taste in architecture.