Gaudier-Brzeska, Henri, 1891-1915, H. Gaudier-Brzeska, 1891-1915, 
H. Gaudier-Brzeska, 1891-1915.
- London : The Ovid Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 portfolio ( leaf,  leaves of plates) : illustrations ; 35 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1135 .G38 1919+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The leaf of text (or colophon) is captioned: Notes to 20 drawings from the note-books of H. Gaudier-Brzeska.
"The two small half-tones illustrate poems in his own copy of Mr. Pound's 'Ripostes.' ... Block cut [on colophon] by E.A. Wadsworth."--Colophon.
"250 copies of this portfolio have been printed ..."--Colophon.
Title (in red and black) from cover of portfolio.
Tomkinson, G.S. Select bibliography of the principal modern presses, public and private, in Great Britain and Ireland, p. 141
Ransom, W. Private presses and their books, p. 373
Cloud, G.W. John Rodker's Ovid Press, A2
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 239 of a limited edition of 250 copies. In original portfolio, with beige ribbon ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- 20th century -- France.Drawing -- 20th century -- Great Britain.Drawing, French -- Great Britain.Figure drawing.Gaudier-Brzeska, Henri, 1891-1915.Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972.Vorticism -- France.Vorticism -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.