Austin, Linda Marilyn, Nostalgia in transition, 1780-1917 , 2007
Nostalgia in transition, 1780-1917 / Linda M. Austin.
- Charlottesville : University of Virginia Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 242 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR468.N64 A95 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -235) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Memory in literature.Nostalgia -- Great Britain -- History.Nostalgia in literature.
- Personal remembering. Emily Brontë's homesickness ; Elegiac remembering and the nostalgic organism
- Public remembering. Childhood : performative remembering ; Heritage and enterprise : the picturesque cottage ; Hardy : nostalgia recaptured
- Epilogue : after the transition.