Neade, William, The double-armed man, by the new inuention , 1625
- The double-armed man, by the new inuention : briefly shewing some famous exploits atchieued by our Brittish bowmen: with seuerall portraitures proper for the pike and bow. / By W.N. archer.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Double-armed man, by the new invention
- [London] : Printed [by Miles Flesher] for I. Grismand, at the signe of the Gun in Pauls Alley, 1625.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (woodcuts) ; 19 cm. (4to)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1188.G7 N43 1625Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dedication signed: William Neade archer.
Printer's name from STC addendum.
Variant: with erratum at foot of leaf E3v.
Often found bound with STC 18416.3.
Stationer's Register: Entered 4 February. 
Some copies have slip-cancel on B2v line 9, "furnished with able bowmen".
Numerous full-page woodcut illustrations throughout.
Some pages enclosed in a decorative woodcut rule-border.
Woodcut head- and tail-pieces and initials.
STC (2nd ed.), 18416
BAC: British Art Center copy is variant with erratum at foot of leaf E3v. No slip-cancel on leaf B2v. Bound in gilt- and blind-tooled green morocco-style binding with marbled paper end-papers. Inscribed: Phillip Shotbolt 1628.
- Subject Terms:
- Archers -- England -- Early works to 1800.Bow and arrow -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- History, Military -- Early works to 1800.Military art and science -- Early works to 1800.Pikes (Weapons) -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Shotbolt, Phillip -- Autograph, 1628.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1625.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.