Fox-hound, forest, and prairie / by Captain Pennell Elmhirst ("Brooksby") ; illustrated by J. Sturgess and J. Marshman (Lieut.-Colonel late 28th Regt.)
- London : George Routledge and Sons, Limited, Broadway, Ludgate Hill, Glasgow, Manchester, and New York, 1892.
London : Bradbury, Agnew, & Co., Limd., Printers, Whitefriard
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 584 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK284 .E46 1892Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title vignette.
Publisher's advertisements: pages [i]-[ii]
"Western cattle lands": p. 325-349.
Manufacture statement from title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth with hunt scenes stamped in black on front cover and spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Cowboys -- West (U.S.)Elmhirst, Edward Pennell, 1845-1916.Fox hunting -- Great Britain.Hunters -- Biography.Hunting -- Great Britain.Randell, Milton W. J. -- Presentation inscription from Uncle Edwin.Reese, William S. -- Ownership.West (U.S.) -- Description and travel.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Photomechanical prints -- 1892.
YCBA Collections Search
Elmhirst, Edward Pennell, 1845-1916, Fox-hound, forest, and prairie , 1892
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.