Sir Henry Raeburn, by Sir Walter Armstrong, with an introduction by R. A. M. Stevenson and a biographical and descriptive catalogue by J. L. Caw.
- London, W. Heinemann; 1901.
New York, Dodd, Mead & Company, 1901.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 121 p. 61 plates (incl. ports.), 8 engravings in text. 40 x 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 19Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- BEIN Folio 320: Autograph of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
Plates accompanied by guard sheets with letterpress.
Title vignette (portrait).
"The printing of this volume was commenced on April 1st, and completed on October 31st, 1901, at the Ballantyne Press, London. The paper of the text is of English make; that of the plates, French. The copper plates in and out of the text were made by Messrs. T. and R. Annan and Sons from photographs specially taken for the volume. The photogravures were printed by Messrs. Annan, assisted by Mr. Charles Preston and Messrs. T. Brooker and Co. The present limited edition will not be reprinted. One hundred and ten copies have portfolios containing duplicate plates--eighty on India, and thirty on Japanese vellum and India respectively."
- Subject Terms:
- Raeburn, Henry, Sir, 1756-1823.Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Armstrong, Walter, Sir, 1850-1918, Sir Henry Raeburn,, 1901