A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great Britain and Ireland, enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank : but uninvested with heritable honours / by John Burke ...
- London : Published for Henry Colburn, by R. Bentley ..., 1833-1838.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : coats of arms, ports. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS425 .B78 1833Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With engraved frontispiece portraits: v. 1. Charles Manners Sutton drawn by Buck, from a painting by Pickersgill, engraved by Freeman -- v. 2. Edward John Littleton, engraved by Freeman, from an original drawing -- v. 3. T.W. Coke, engraved by Thomson, after Reinagle.
Printed by Charles Whittingham, Tooks Lane, Chancery Court.
Includes index in each volume.
Later editions published under title: A dictionary of the landed gentry of Great Britain.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth. Armorial bookplate of Rupert Gunnis.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, R. -- Publisher.Canterbury, Charles Manners-Sutton, Viscount, 1780-1845 -- Portraits.Coke, Thomas William, Earl of Leicester, 1752-1842 -- Portraits.Colburn, H. -- Bookseller.Great Britain -- Genealogy.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Hatherton, Edward John Walhouse Littleton, Baron, 1791-1863 -- Portraits.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1834-1838.
Engravings -- 1834-1838.
Stipple engravings -- 1834-1838.
YCBA Collections Search
Burke, John, 1787-1848, A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great Britain and Ireland, enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank , 1833-1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.