Brandon, Laura, 1951-, Art and war , 2007
- Art and war / Laura Brandon.
- London ; I.B. Tauris, 2007
New York : I.B. Tauris, 2007
- Physical Description:
- xii, 179 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8260 .B73 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pt. 1. A long, rich history. Ten thousand years of war art to 1600 -- War art, 1600-1900 -- Pt. 2. The World Wars. British art and the First World War -- Other nations in the Great War and later -- The Second World War: four allied national programmes -- Pt. 3. War art since 1945. British and American war art, 1945-1989 -- War art internationally, 1990-2005 -- Pt. 4. Rendering and remembering. Other types of war art -- War art as memorial, war art as memory -- Epilogue: The beat goes on.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and war.War in art.