Model and supermodel , c2006
Model and supermodel : the artist's model in British art and culture / edited by Jane Desmarais, Martin Postle and William Vaughan.
- Manchester, England ; Manchester University Press, c2006.
New York : Manchester University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 169p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7574 .M63 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -163) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' models -- Great Britain -- History.Artists's models in literature.
- Naked civil servants: the professional life model in British art and society / Martin Postle.
- Pre-raphaelite model / E. Prettejohn.
- Model on the writers' block: the model in fiction from Balzac to du Maurier / J. Mesmarais.
- Modelling Godiva: the female model as performer in Victorian England / A. Smith.
- Still lives: the art of Edward Linley Sambourne / R. Suleman.
- "Agreat sight" : Henry Scott Tuke and his models / M. Hatt.
- Overexposed? The model in British figurative art from Sickert to Freud / W. Vaughan.
- Paper dolls: the found model in contemporary art / C. Wood.