Model and supermodel : the artist's model in British art and culture / edited by Jane Desmarais, Martin Postle and William Vaughan.
- Manchester, England ; Manchester University Press, c2006.
New York : Manchester University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 169p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7574 .M63 2006 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -163) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' models -- Great Britain -- History.Artists's models in literature.
- Naked civil servants: the professional life model in British art and society / Martin Postle.
- Pre-raphaelite model / E. Prettejohn.
- Model on the writers' block: the model in fiction from Balzac to du Maurier / J. Mesmarais.
- Modelling Godiva: the female model as performer in Victorian England / A. Smith.
- Still lives: the art of Edward Linley Sambourne / R. Suleman.
- "Agreat sight" : Henry Scott Tuke and his models / M. Hatt.
- Overexposed? The model in British figurative art from Sickert to Freud / W. Vaughan.
- Paper dolls: the found model in contemporary art / C. Wood.