Davis, Walter A, Art and politics , 2007
Art and politics : psychoanalysis, ideology, theatre / Walter A. Davis.
- London ; Pluto Press, 2007.
Ann Arbor : Pluto Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 176 p. ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryPN2266.5 .D38 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-175) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Pt. 1. The Corrie conatrovery :a drama in three acts. The play's the thing : Censorship, theatre and ideology
- Mendacity : The prospects of progressive theatre under capitalism
- Beyond the Corrie controversy : Manifesto for a progressive theatre
- Pt. 2. Ideology : the heart of the ulcer. The trouble with truffles : On the ideological paralysis of the left
- The humanist tradition : The philosophical and rhetorical roots of ideological paralysis
- Pt. 3. The way out of the cave. Overture : "Happy Birthday, Sam!"
- The knot at the center : The tragic structure of experience
- An evening with JonBenét Ramsey
- Between two deaths : Life on the row.