Gebauer, C. D. (Christian David), 1777-1831, Det kongelige Danske stutteri i Frederiksborg , [1822-1827]
- Det kongelige Danske stutteri i Frederiksborg / tegnet efter naturen og udgivet af: C.D. Gebauer dýr-maler og medlem af det Kongelige Kunst-Akademi.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Kongelige Stutteri i Frederiksborg paa oen Sjaelland Danmark
- Kjöbenhavn : [s.n.], [1822-1827]
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 60 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2007 5Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A description and portraits of the horses in the Royal stable in Frederiksborg, Denmark.
Caption title to part one: Det kongelige Stutteri i Frederiksborg paa oen Sjaelland Danmark
The plates are colored lithographs by Christian David Gebauer; after Kongel Steentrykk.
Issued in four parts (part 1 dated 1822, part 2 dated 1823, part 3 dated 1825, part 4 dated 1827) with a collective lithographed title page and preface dated 1822. Part 1 consists of a leaf bearing the text in Danish followed by a leaf bearing German and French text in parallel columns; parts 2-4 consist of single leaves with Danish, German and French text in parallel columns.
All leaves printed in landscape format.
BAC: British Art Center copy is unbound; stored between 19th century card boards with brown morocco-style label with title stamped in gilt letters on upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Denmark -- Pictorial works.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1822-1827.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.