The 1542 inventory of Whitehall , 2004-
The 1542 inventory of Whitehall : the palace and its keeper / transcribed and edited by Maria Hayward.
- London : Illuminata Publishers for The Society of Antiquaries of London, 2004-
- Physical Description:
- v. <1> : ill., map ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA687.W65 A15 2004 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "These volumes act as a companion to the recent publication of the post-mortem 1547 inventory of Herny VIII's possessions. To this end, a concordance between the 1542 and 1547 inventories is given, along with three further concordances and five appendices."--Dust jacket front flap.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- England -- London -- History -- 16th century -- Inventories.Denny, Anthony, Sir.Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547 -- Homes and haunts -- Inventories.House furnishings -- England -- London -- History -- 16th century -- Inventories.Palaces -- England -- London -- Inventories.Royal households -- Great Britain -- Biography.Whitehall Palace (London, England) -- Inventories.
- v. 1. Commentary
- v. 2. The transcripts.