A briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia / Thomas Hariot.
- Additional Title(s):
Briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia. English & Latin
- Charlottesville : Published for the Library at the Mariners' Museum by the University of Virginia Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 189 p. : col. ill., col. map, facsims. ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryF229 .H2713 2007 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- "The 1590 Theodor de Bry Latin ed."
"Facsimile edition accompanied by the modernized English text."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Indians of North America -- North Carolina -- History -- 16th century.Indians of North America -- Virginia -- History -- 16th century.Natural history -- North Carolina.Natural history -- Virginia.North Carolina -- Description and travel.North Carolina -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.Roanoke Colony.Virginia -- Description and travel.Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Introduction / Susan Berg
- Notes on the text
- Roanoke and its legacy / Karen Ordahl Kupperman
- Admiranda narratio : a European best seller / Peter Stallybrass
- A briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia : modernized text / prepared by Jay E. Moore and Janet C. Robertson
- Facsimile of the 1590 Latin edition.