A briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia / Thomas Hariot.
- Additional Title(s):
Briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia. English & Latin
- Charlottesville : Published for the Library at the Mariners' Museum by the University of Virginia Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 189 p. : col. ill., col. map, facsims. ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryF229 .H2713 2007 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- "The 1590 Theodor de Bry Latin ed."
"Facsimile edition accompanied by the modernized English text."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Indians of North America -- North Carolina -- History -- 16th century.Indians of North America -- Virginia -- History -- 16th century.Natural history -- North Carolina.Natural history -- Virginia.North Carolina -- Description and travel.North Carolina -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.Roanoke Colony.Virginia -- Description and travel.Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Introduction / Susan Berg
- Notes on the text
- Roanoke and its legacy / Karen Ordahl Kupperman
- Admiranda narratio : a European best seller / Peter Stallybrass
- A briefe and true report of the new found land of Virginia : modernized text / prepared by Jay E. Moore and Janet C. Robertson
- Facsimile of the 1590 Latin edition.