Smith, Charles Loraine, 1751-1835, Sketches for college rooms , [ca. 1820?]
Sketches for college rooms / from the portfolio of a gentleman of the University of Cambridge.
- [Cambridge] : Published by R. Harraden & Son Cambridge ..., [ca. 1820?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 28 x 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2007 10Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Consists of 6 hand-colored aquatints of carriage driving/hunting scenes.
The plates are signed "L Loraine Smith".
"Hodson, printer, Cambridge."--Cover label.
Title from printed cover label.
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints (2nd ed.), p. 256
BAC: British Art Center copy stitched into original brown paper wrappers with printed pink paper title label on upper wrapper. Ms. transcription of title with addition of artist's name on lower wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Dodson -- Printer.Driving of horse-drawn vehicles -- Pictorial works.Horsemanship -- Pictorial works.Horses -- Pictorial works.Hunting -- Pictorial works.Hunting in art.R. Harraden & Son -- Publisher.University of Cambridge -- Students -- 19th century.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.