La Rochefoucauld, François, duc de, 1613-1680, Moral maxims , MCMXXIV 
Moral maxims / by the Duke de la Rochefoucault.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Twyford, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXIV 
- Physical Description:
- , 13-133,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ1815 .A72 1924Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Here end the Moral maxims by the Duke de la Rochefoucault: printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Twyford, Berkshire, by Robert Gibbings; & completed on the 20th day of July 1924. Compositors: F. Young & A.H. Gibbs; pressman: A.C. Cooper. With the exception of a few grammatical alterations, the text of this edition has been taken from that of 1749 'printed for Mr. A. Millar, opposite Katharine-street, in the Strand.' It is limited to 325 copies for sale."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 19
BEIN 2007 502: No. 119.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no 251 of 325. Bound in quarter parchment with blue paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Maxims.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.