Soane, John, 1753-1837, Plans, elevations, and sections of buildings , MDCCLXXXVIII 
- Plans, elevations, and sections of buildings : executed in the counties of Norfolk, Suffolk, Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Warwicksire, Hertfordshire, et caetera / by John Soane, architect ; member of the Royal Academies of Parma and Florence.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Plans, elevations, and sections of bvildings
- London : Published by Messrs. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, Holborn, MDCCLXXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- , 11,  pages, 47 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 96 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 96 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a list of subscribers.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 842
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 3098
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 319.1
BEIN 1988 Folio 65: Beinecke copy imperfect: plate 39 wanting.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in half calf and marbled boards; rebacked. Armorial bookplate: Jermyn Pratt, Ryston Hall. On the plates for Ryston Hall (nos. 25, 26, and 27) modifications are drawn in manuscript, including flaps representing changes to the upper story and roof in the elevation depicted in plate 27.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in half calf and marbled boards. Stamped in gold on front cover: The Society of Writers to the Signet. Armorial bookplates: Earl of Rosebery; Richard Blackett Beaumont. Has bound in at end (4 pages): A catalogue of modern books on architecture, theoretical, practical, and ornamental ... J. Taylor's Architectural Library ... London.
- Shottisham, Norfolk -- Malvern Hall, Warwickshire -- Letton Hall, Norfolk -- Chillington, Staffordshire -- Tendring Hall, Suffolk -- Lodges at Langley Park, Norfolk -- Ryston Hall, Norfolk -- Skelton Castle, Yorkshire -- Mulgrave Hall, Yorkshire -- Burn Hall, County of Durham -- Villa near Hockerill -- Oulton, near Lowestoffe, in Suffolk -- Villa intended for the Honorable Wilbraham Tollemache -- The parsonage at Saxlingham -- Black-friars Bridge, Norwich -- The Dairy at Hammels, Hertfordshire -- Earsham, Suffolk -- Museum designed for the Dilettanti Society, Hereford-Street, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural drawing -- England -- 18th century.Architecture -- England -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- 18th century -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Beaumont, Richard Blackett -- Bookplate.Pratt, Jermyn -- Bookplate.Rosebery, Earl -- Bookplate.Society of Writers to the Signet -- Stamp.
- Subscription lists (Publishing) -- England -- London -- 1788.
Designs and plans.
Etchings -- 1788.
Engravings -- 1788.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Architectural drawings (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.