IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Di Bello, Patrizia, Women's albums and photography in Victorian England , c2007
Women's albums and photography in Victorian England : ladies, mothers, and flirts / Patrizia Di Bello.
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Ashgate, c2007.
Burlington, VT, USA : Ashgate, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- 183 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryTR501 .D52 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Analysis of photograph albums mostly by Anna Waterlow and Mary Filmer of portraits from the 1850s-1870s.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Victorian -- England.Photograph albums -- England -- History -- 19th century.Photographic criticism.Photographs -- Collectors and collecting -- England -- History -- 19th century.Women art collectors -- England -- Biography.
- The family album, the feminine, and the personal
- Nineteenth-century album culture
- Photographs, albums, women's magazines
- Melancholic portrait gazers
- Photographs, fun, and flirtations
- Photography vision, and touch.