Di Bello, Patrizia, Women's albums and photography in Victorian England , c2007
- Women's albums and photography in Victorian England : ladies, mothers, and flirts / Patrizia Di Bello.
- Aldershot, Hants, England ; Ashgate, c2007.
Burlington, VT, USA : Ashgate, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- 183 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryTR501 .D52 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Analysis of photograph albums mostly by Anna Waterlow and Mary Filmer of portraits from the 1850s-1870s.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The family album, the feminine, and the personal -- Nineteenth-century album culture -- Photographs, albums, women's magazines -- Melancholic portrait gazers -- Photographs, fun, and flirtations -- Photography vision, and touch.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, Victorian -- England.Photograph albums -- England -- History -- 19th century.Photographic criticism.Photographs -- Collectors and collecting -- England -- History -- 19th century.Women art collectors -- England -- Biography.