IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Jenkins, Susan, 1963-, Portrait of a patron , 
Portrait of a patron : the patronage and collecting of James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos (1674-1744) / Susan Jenkins.
- Aldershot, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 219 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Reference LibraryN5247.C43 J46 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -209) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art patrons -- Great Britain -- Biography.Chandos, James Brydges, Duke of, 1674-1744.
- Curriculum vitae : ambitions, achievements, politics
- Architectural patronage : the building of Cannons
- Cannons : the interior decoration
- The grounds of Cannons
- After the crash : architectural and other projects
- Collecting in context : collectors and collections
- The Duke of Chandos as a collector
- The Duke as 'Apollo of the arts'
- Death and disposal
- Appendix 1: Selected list of works formerly belonging to or James Brydges, 1st Duke of Chandos (1674-1744)
- Appendix 2: Brydges family tree.