IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Leech, John, 1817-1864, "Coming home" , 
"Coming home" : a comic panorama / drawn by "Leech" ; delineating, with irresistible humour, the fun, mishaps, and queer occurrences, to which the votaries of the sports are subjected "Coming Home" from the races ; exhibiting the laughter-moving effects of this talented artist's comic pencil, presented to the public in a perfectly novel and unique style of elegance ; suitable for the drawing-room, and in price adapted to the cottage.
- London : Renshaw and Kirkman, 12, Budge Row; Westley, 163, Strand; Dorling, Epsom; and all booksellers, 
- Physical Description:
-  folded sheet ( p.): ill. ; 107 x 11 cm., folded to 11 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .L44 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- A single sheet consisting of 4 strips of paper pasted together to form a continuous panorama, with each strip forming a separate scene, and accordion-folded inside cover.
The first 3 scenes are signed by J. Leech, the last is signed "Smyth sc.".
Title label printed in sepia and pasted to inside of upper board.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 155, no. 2
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original gilt and blind-stamped blue textured cloth publisher's binding with colored title label reading "Coming-Home drawn by J. Leech" pasted to upper board.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons.Dorling -- Publisher.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse racing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Renshaw and Kirkman -- Publisher.Westley -- Publisher.
- Panoramas -- England.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.