The Norton anthology of children's literature , c2005
The Norton anthology of children's literature : the traditions in English / Jack Zipes, general editor ... [et al.].
- 1st ed.
- New York : W.W. Norton, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xxxviii, 2471 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryCIEAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -2458) and index.
A collection of fairy tales, picture books, nursery rhymes, fantasy, alphabets, chapbooks, and comics published in English since 1659, representing 170 authors and illustrators, and including more than ninety complete works and excerpts from others.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's literature, American.Children's literature, English.Literature -- Collections.
- Primers and readers
- Fairy tales
- Animal fables
- Classical myths
- Religion: Judeo-Christian stories
- Science fiction
- Picture books
- Books of instruction
- Life writing
- Adventure stories
- School stories
- Domestic fiction.