Iconoclasm , c2007
Iconoclasm : contested objects, contested terms / edited by Stacy Boldrick and Richard Clay.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2007.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 293 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8557 .I25 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Outgrowth of a conference held at the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds, July 2001.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -283) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Mutilation, defacement, etc. -- Congresses.Iconoclasm -- Congresses.
- What does iconoclasm create? What does preservation destroy? : reflections on iconoclasm in East Asia / Fabio Rambelli and Eric Reinders
- Attacks on automata and eviscerated sculptures / Aura Satz
- Iconoclasm and consumption, or, Household management according to Thomas Cromwell / Matthew Hunter
- Iconoclasm, the commodity, and the art of painting / Charles Ford
- Bouchardon's statue of Louis XV ; iconoclasm and the transformation of signs / Richard Clay
- "Wyatt the Destroyer" : a vandal at Salisbury Cathedral? / Alexandrina Buchanan
- Clastic icons : prints taken from broken or reassembled blocks in some 'popular prints' of the western tradition / Tom Gretton
- Making sense of iconoclasm : popular responses to the destruction of religious images in revolutionary Mexico / Adrian A. Bantjes
- Surrealism in the Bronze Age : statuephobia and the efficacy of metaphorical iconoclasm / Simon Baker
- Sturm auf das Stadtbild : on the treatment of Wilhelminian architectural decoration in the twentieth century / Hans Georg Hiller von Gaertringen
- 'Idols in stone' or empty pedestals? : debating revolutionary iconoclasm in the post-Soviet transition / Polly Jones
- Hermetic huts and the modern state : the politics of iconoclasm in West Africa / Ramon Sarró.