Iconoclasm , c2007
Iconoclasm : contested objects, contested terms / edited by Stacy Boldrick and Richard Clay.
- Aldershot, England ; Ashgate, c2007.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 293 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8557 .I25 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Outgrowth of a conference held at the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds, July 2001.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -283) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Mutilation, defacement, etc. -- Congresses.Iconoclasm -- Congresses.
- What does iconoclasm create? What does preservation destroy? : reflections on iconoclasm in East Asia / Fabio Rambelli and Eric Reinders
- Attacks on automata and eviscerated sculptures / Aura Satz
- Iconoclasm and consumption, or, Household management according to Thomas Cromwell / Matthew Hunter
- Iconoclasm, the commodity, and the art of painting / Charles Ford
- Bouchardon's statue of Louis XV ; iconoclasm and the transformation of signs / Richard Clay
- "Wyatt the Destroyer" : a vandal at Salisbury Cathedral? / Alexandrina Buchanan
- Clastic icons : prints taken from broken or reassembled blocks in some 'popular prints' of the western tradition / Tom Gretton
- Making sense of iconoclasm : popular responses to the destruction of religious images in revolutionary Mexico / Adrian A. Bantjes
- Surrealism in the Bronze Age : statuephobia and the efficacy of metaphorical iconoclasm / Simon Baker
- Sturm auf das Stadtbild : on the treatment of Wilhelminian architectural decoration in the twentieth century / Hans Georg Hiller von Gaertringen
- 'Idols in stone' or empty pedestals? : debating revolutionary iconoclasm in the post-Soviet transition / Polly Jones
- Hermetic huts and the modern state : the politics of iconoclasm in West Africa / Ramon Sarró.