For an excellent purpose [videorecording] : museums and their publics in Britain from 1850-1914 / Giles Waterfield.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 6 videodisc (DVD) (360 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 16Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recording of live performance of the lectures, April 3-5 and 9-1, 2007 at Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, Connecticut and organized by the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art in London.
- Subject Terms:
- Art museums -- Collectors and collecting -- Connecticut -- New Haven -- History -- 20th century.Art museums -- Collectors and collecting -- England -- History -- 19th century.Art museums -- Educational aspects.Art museums -- Great Britain.Yale Center for British Art.
- 1-2. The rise of the regional museum in Victorian Britain, Parts I and II.--3. Collecting for the people.--4. Beyond the Crystal Palace: museum exhibitions in nineteenth-century Britain.--5. Explaining the museum.--6. Galleries of British art.