Bettley, James, Essex , 2007
Essex / James Bettley and Nikolaus Pevsner with contributions from David Andrews, Nigel Brown, and James Kemble.
- New Haven, CT ; Yale University Press, 2007.
London : Yale University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 939 p.  p. of col. plates : col. ill., maps ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA969.E8 B47 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Publisher description
Contributor biographical information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- Essex -- Guidebooks.Buildings -- England -- Essex -- Guidebooks.
- The prehistory of Essex / Nigel Brown
- Roman Essex / James Kemble
- The Middle ages
- Timber-framed buildings, c. 1200-1700 / David Andrews
- Major secular buildings, 1400-1660
- Post-reformation churches to 1660
- Secular buildings, 1660-1830
- Churches and chapels, 1700-1840
- Victorian Essex
- Essex since 1914
- Warfare and defence
- County surveyors and architects.