Spooner's Illustrated game of the steeple chase.
- Additional Title(s):
Illustrated game of the steeple chase
Spooner's Game of the steeple chase
Game of the steeple chase
- London : Published by William Spooner, 379, Strand, December 1st 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ill. ; 58 x 44 cm., folded to 20 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 .S66 1852Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- A single hand-colored lithographed sheet designed to be used as a game board. Pasted onto linen backing and folded inside green morocco-style covers. Black and white lithographed label bearing title "Spooner's Game of the steeple chase" and imprint "London. Wm. Spooner 379 Strand" pasted to outside of upper board. Additional letter-press instruction sheet with title and imprint at head pasted to inside of upper board.
Date of publication from game sheet itself, which is signed "London : published by William Spooner, 379, Strand, December 1st 1852. Printed by L'Enfant".
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse racing -- Amusements.Horse racing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- 19th century.Race horses -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- 19th century.Spooner, William, fl. 1844-1852 -- Publisher.Steeplechasing -- Amusements.Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works -- 19th century.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- 1852.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1852.
YCBA Collections Search
Spooner's Illustrated game of the steeple chase, December 1st 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.