Harris, John, 1931-, Moving rooms , c2007
Moving rooms / John Harris.
- New Haven [Conn.] ; Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, c2007.
London : Yale University Press for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 320 p. : col. ill. ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK1860 .H37 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -310) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Decorative arts -- Collectors and collecting.Interior decoration.Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.Period rooms -- Conservation and restoration.Salvage (Waste, etc.)
- Salvaging the interior : 1500-1820
- Salvage and a more amateur antiquarianism
- Continental imports and the Wardour Street trade
- England and the French connection
- Interiors and a new professionalism : 1850-1950
- The growth of a transatlantic trade in rooms and salvages
- The period room in European museums
- North American museums and the English room
- Into American houses go English rooms
- William Randolph Hearst, the great accumulator
- Check-list of British rooms and salvages exported to the USA.