Amussen, Susan Dwyer, Caribbean exchanges , c2007
Caribbean exchanges : slavery and the transformation of English society, 1640-1700 / Susan Dwyer Amussen.
- Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 302 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryHT1165 .A68 2007 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Related Content:
- Table of contents only
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -292) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Civilization -- Caribbean influences.England -- Social conditions -- 17th century.Slavery -- Great Britain -- Colonies -- History.Slavery -- West Indies, British -- History.Social change -- England -- History -- 17th century.
- The English Caribbean and Caribbean England
- Trade and settlement : England and the world in the seventeenth century
- Islands of difference : crossing the Atlantic, experiencing the West Indies
- A happy and innocent way of thriving : planting sugar, building a society
- Right English government : law and liberty, service and slavery
- Due order and subjection : hierarchy, resistance, and repression
- If her son is living with you she sends her love : the Caribbean in England, 1650-1700
- Race, gender, and class crossing the English Atlantic.