MacGregor, Arthur, 1941-, Curiosity and enlightenment , 2007
- Curiosity and enlightenment : collectors and collections from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century / Arthur MacGregor.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- x, 386 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN5200 .M32 2007 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 347-370) and index.
- The museum adumbrated: some models and precursors -- The cabinet of curiosities: concept and realization -- Collecting art -- Museums and the natural world -- Death, anatomy and the museum -- Antiquity in transition -- Museums of science and technology -- The museum comes of age.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- History.