Nonsensus : cross-referencing Edward Lear's original 116 limericks with eight holograph manuscripts and comparing them to printed texts from the 1846, 1855 and 1861 versions : together with a census of known copies of the genuine first edition / compiled by Justin G. Schiller ; with introductory remarks by Vivien Noakes.
- 1st ed.
- Stroud (Eng.) : Catalpa Press ltd., 1988
- Physical Description:
- xii, 119 p. : ill. ; 18 x 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4879 L43 N66 1988Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Justin G. SchillerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Shirley 4110: Paperbound. Inscribed to Betsy Beinecke Shirley from Justin Schiller, 31.V.88.
With reproductions of Lear's illustrations.
"Census": p. 118-119.
- Subject Terms:
- Catalpa Press -- Publisher. (bac,rb)Lear, Edward, 1812-1888 -- Criticism, Textual.Lear, Edward, 1812-1888. Book of nonsense.Limericks.Nonsense verses, English.Schiller, Justin G. -- Presentation inscription to B.B. Shirley.Shirley, Betsy Beinecke -- Presentation inscription from J.G. Schiller.Stroud (Gloucestershire, England) -- Imprints -- 1988. (bac,rb)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.